Here are the details of all competitions and freebies currently up for grabs (plus the boring terms and conditions).
- Barista Competition and Latté Art Smackdown
- UniBar Gold Pass
- UBER $50 Credit Giveaway with SUPER SAVINGS @ UniShop
Are you are part time/ full time talented Barista? Or do you just want to see how your skills go against other UOW students/staff? Well here is your chance! This is the third year we have run the UOW Barista Competition and Latte Art Smackdown and we are hoping that it will be our biggest event yet! You will be competing on the UniBar stage in front of the lunch time audience and there will be some awesome prizes up for grabs. Prizes to be announced, but you can bet your Pullman tamp they will be good.
REGISTRATION HAS NOW CLOSED.
In 2017 Unisounds will showcase 6 artists from across Australia in a series of high profile live performances, culminating in the Sydney final in October, and along the way will offer hundreds of artists exposure across the highest levels of the Australian music industry.
Unisounds' is open to all genres - from solo acoustic to death metal, from EDM to country, from rock to roll - with the only catch being that you MUST be able to perform a live 20 minute set should you reach the finals stages.
What is involved?
- Participants from all campuses submit their entries via the ONLINE PORTAL (Music Glue). Entries may include bands, duets and solo artists
- A panel of industry judges assess all entries and shortlist 6 from across the country. The judging panel consists of representatives from Sony Music, Frontier Touring, Dine Alone Records, Spotify, HUB and Kennel Publishing
- Each of the 6 finalists will:
- DAY 1: attend a full-day industry conference with a customised program of professional development and music recording with an industry mentor
- DAY 2: perform live at the UNISOUNDS one-day festival event with the top 2 being selected to go through.
- The 2 winners will perform again that evening before the national winner is announced at the event
- The national winner will record their very own EP the following day.
We are giving away the coveted golden ticket to all UniBar gigs in Semester 2 for the winner and a friend.
To be in the running for this epic prize, you need to.
- 'Like' UOW Pulse on Facebook
- Comment on the promotional post tagging the friend you'll take to gigs and hastag #unibarplus1
- Follow @uowpulse on Instagram
- Comment on the promotional post, @mention the friend you'll take to gigs and hashtag #unibarplus1.
*Make sure your social media profile is set to public. Terms and conditions apply.
UniShop are giving back the buck with SUPER SAVINGS.
The team have reduced prices by up to 30% across a range of items in store and NOT for a limited time only…..cheaper prices on essential products for students EVERYDAY.
To launch SUPER SAVINGS, UniShop are giving away 1 x $50 Uber voucher weekly from Monday 24 July 2017.
To enter, follow the below steps before 16 August 2017.
- Take a ‘selfie’ inside Unishop
- Post the photograph to Instagram using the hashtag #unishopsupersavings in the post or comments
- Ensure Instagram profile is set to public.
Terms and conditions apply.
2017 COMPETITION WINNERS
The competitions below have now closed & winners are listed.
- WIN A UNIBAR GOLD PASS: Congratulations to Brandon Johnston & his #UnibarPlus1!
- GARDEN PARTY VIP: Congratulations to the winner our Garden Party VIP winner - Tom Strong (& his 4 mates)